Commercial Litigation Attorneys
Simple business disputes can become heated lawsuits if reason does not prevail. Litigation can be costly, time-consuming, and distracting to a business’ focus. This is why integrity is central to the practice of law at Kaufman, Nichols & Kaufman. Our business litigation attorneys always provide clients with a thorough analysis of the most efficient and cost-effective alternatives to resolve their business disputes, whether that means litigation or alternative dispute resolution. Should litigation be unavoidable, rest assured that our team of business litigation attorneys have extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of the commercial litigation process and will be focused on obtaining a positive outcome for you and your interests.
We offer expertise in all aspects of commercial litigation including the following:
- Jury and bench trials
- Evidentiary hearings, including temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions
- Dispositive and other pretrial motions, including motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and motions in limine
- Pleadings, including complaints, answers, counterclaims, and third-party complaints
- Fact discovery, including depositions, document requests, interrogatories, subpoenas, as well as motions to compel and for protective orders
- Expert discovery, including expert reports, expert depositions, and Daubert hearings
- Post-trial Motions
- Supplementary proceedings, including writs of replevin, garnishment, and execution
- Alternative dispute resolution, including mediation, arbitration, and settlement negotiation
Any litigation practice is only as good as its trial lawyers. Kaufman, Nichols & Kaufman has been recognized among Ogden and Northern Utah’s legal elite. Our attorneys know how to prepare and present your case for optimum results. Your case will be in the hands of a proven professional backed up by a superb legal team known for outstanding service both in and out of the courtroom.
Many types of business issues can lead to commercial litigation. These include an almost limitless variety of disputes and concerns, including the following: