Healthy marriages are great for the mental and physical health of couples. Children also benefit from healthy and happy marriages because they live in a home that shields their social, mental, and physical well-being. Unfortunately, approximately 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the US divorce. The rate of marital dissolution for succeeding marriages is even much higher.
In the US, Family Law is the first step to understand the process and have a new start. May law firms handle different aspects of divorce. This includes the following:
- Complex or Contested: Complex divorce is the type where couples do not come to terms in one or more issues. The uncontested type could become contested if both parties agree on even the minutest items. Complex kind could include business owners and couples with high-assets and net worth.
- Military: When a US service member files a dissolution of marriage, there are special requirements and rules that they must follow.
- Uncontested: Even if it is uncontested, it is still important that you seek the counsel of a trusted and reputable law firm or lawyer. This way, the rights of both parties are protected, and all options are thoroughly covered.
- Mediation: In some states in the US, the court requires the couple to participate in mediation prior to trial on an issue. There are licensed mediators that are trained and highly skilled to help resolve issues, minimize costs, and as much as possible, avoid going to trial.
- Planning and Separation: There are several US states that do not have legal separation. But, if one of the involved parties is thinking about the dissolution of marriage, there are crucial steps that are needed to prepare for that decision aside from consulting a lawyer.
- Property and Asset Valuation and Division: Lawyers must closely work with reliable and trustworthy financial experts who can expertly assist in valuing assets, the division of marital debt, and give advice on different tax implications. A good lawyer will find the best ways to protect the interest of his cline.
- Temporary Orders: Most of the time, clients worry about their living and financial condition while the process is still pending. That is why it is important to have temporary orders to identify the spending habits, living arrangements, and custody arrangements for the meantime until the process is finished.
There are many implications that a marriage spiraling to a dissolution can give. The best way to deal with it is to hire a lawyer to handle the case in the best and quickest ways possible. Here are some of the tips on how to find the best attorney.
- Ask for Recommendation from Friends and Family – Family and friends who have undergone such a phase in their marriage may have good recommendations when it comes to a divorce lawyer. It is important that you hire a lawyer that specializes in family law and dissolution of marriage.
- Knowing What You Want to Achieve – While it could get messy it is important that you make sure that you get what you want out of it. For example, you can ask for sole parental rights. Your lawyer can use an app like a child support calculator to get the right amount of money from your husband or wife.
- Check the Local Bar Association – Checking or consulting the local bar association is very helpful in finding the best attorney. They have a list of the top lawyers even in Ogden Utah. Make a research on the lawyers that you find and check if they provide free consultations.
- Search for the Best Lawyers Online – Fortunately, the wonders of the web provide all the details that you need to get the names of legal experts near your place. There are feedback and reviews that you can find online about each lawyer on the web. These are very useful in finding the right attorney to handle your problem.
- Check Your Budget – It is important that you first check with your budget when finding the best attorney in Ogden Utah. Legal fees can vary and could be very high especially if you hire the best legal firm. Only hire the lawyer that fits your budget.
There are just so many options that you can do to find the best lawyer to handle your case. Make sure that you thoroughly explored all of them before making the final decision.